Friday, July 6, 2012

Taming Nature: Artificial Rain & River Inter-linking

Making Rain: 

Delhi is facing power cut and water shortage as it experiences summer heat. June 29 is supposed to be the day monsoon arrives in Delhi. And till today monsoon is not yet arrived. The paper says water supply department is praying for rain as its reservoir is drying up. And with many ACs around, there has been power cut too. And in all of this it's the poor, who cannot even afford  inverter, who suffer the most. They face power cut and water shortage more acutely than the middle class families. Nights without adequate power supply is tormenting. And one has to get up in the morning and go for work. Delhi is desperately waiting for rain.

Now to solve this problem, how is it if artificial rain is created specially when the monsoon arrives late. Punjab, Haryana and Delhi would really be helped if such a thing is introduced as these places receive monsoon last. Toward evening, between 6-7 pm, if rain shower takes place for half an hour, till the following day, the weather would remain pleasant. Power demand would reduce and ground water would be replenished.  Inducing rain that way could be used only for a week or two till the monsoon arrives. And since  by June end there is much moisture in the air, creating rain would not be much difficult.

One silver iodide shell would cost less than a thousand rupees; and a rocket around fifteen thousand rupees.  The army could lend one of its plane for few trips to the sky. Beijing was believed to have shot 186 doses of silver iodide into the sky to produce 16 million tons of snow. This is not something that New Delhi could not afford or achieve technical know-how.

Linking Brahmaputra: 

The mighty Brahmaputra is overflowing and  Assam is facing flood once again. Prime Minister has announced Rs. 500 crore to aid flooded Assam. Flood and relief package is not new for Assam. And whenever flood occurs hundreds die and thousands are displaced. And this is not going to be last time Brahmaputra overflows. This is going to happen again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again...unless something is done to stop the repetition. And not only Assam is affected; even Bangladesh too is affected when Brahmaputra overflows.

I see inter-linking Brahmaputra with some other river as the only solution to address this problem once and for all. If inter-linking different rivers in India is environmentally unfriendly, let Brahmaputra alone be linked with a river or two to divert its water. If digging is not feasible, let huge pipes carry the river water to some other region. Rivers like Krishna and Kaveri have too less water and states quarrel over water sharing of these rivers. So why not these few states, Assam and Central Govt share the cost and divert Brahmaputra's water? Rich politicians and philanthropists can also be roped in to share the cost. Too many lives have been lost due to flood that repeats every few years. Times of India reports that 77 lives have been lost this time, and many are reported missing, while millions have been displaced. More lives will perish still when water borne diseases strike. Property would have been destroyed in term of several thousands of crores. It is high time Government seriously considers linking Brahmaputra with some other river.




1 comment:

  1. Good day to you all.. I'm here to share my experience to everybody all around the world because I know that someone out there needs this today. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years and everything was fine with us that we don't have to fight or quarrel for anything. My girlfriend got a new job and after 2 months of her new job, I noticed some changes in her. Few weeks before my birthday, my girlfriend broke up with me for another man. I never expected such from her. I was in severe pain and needed help urgently. I searched for help online and found Lord Zakuza who is a spell caster. I told him everything I was going through and he understood me well. He told me that he will prepare a love spell for me that will get my girlfriend back within 48 hours and he explained to me how it was going to be done and I agreed. He prepared the love spell for me and my girlfriend returned back to me begging me for forgiveness within 48 hours. I was shocked and happy and I accepted her back.. We are back together and everything is going fine. I want to thank Lord Zakuza for his help by sharing this testimony online for other people to find help too in any area of their lives. Get in touch with him with the below details.. For he's good at what he does.

    WhatsApp/Call/Text +1 (740) 573-9483
    Email: Lordzakuza7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete